The “Salvation Outline”
These seven points summarize the basic information about the human condition and God’s saving grace.
- God loves you! “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life” John 3:16.
- You are a sinner. “For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God” Romans 3:23.
- God punishes sin. “For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord” Romans 6:23.
- Jesus took our punishment. “But God shows His love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us” Romans 5:8.
- Jesus rose from the dead. “For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, that He was buried, that He was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures” 1 Corinthians 15:3-4
- Jesus offers forgiveness of sins and eternal life to those who believe in Him. “Then he brought them out and said, ‘Sirs, what must I do to be saved?’ And they said, ‘Believe in the Lord Jesus and you will be saved, you and your household'” Acts 16:30-31
- Salvation is free–a gift from God. “For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God not a result of works, so that no one may boast” Ephesians 2:8-9
The “Salvation Outline” can be found in Luther’s Small Catechism with Explanation pg. 258.